Senator Stella Oduah didn’t finish her service – NYSC addresses Senator Oduah’s claim that her certificate was lost
According to the National Youth Service Corps, Stella Oduah, former Minister of Aviation and Senator representing Anambra North, does not have a valid NYSC certificate.
This was said in a letter to Concerned Anambra North Peoples Democratic Party Stakeholders. The organization had asked the service to verify the senator’s claim that she had misplaced her NYSC certificate.
An affidavit the senator attached to her CF001 forms which were submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission in 2019, read;
“I Princess Stella Oduah, Christian, Adult , Nigeria Citizen, Politician of Umuoma Village, Akili, Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State do hereby make oath and depose as follows:
1. That I am the dependent of the affidavit.
2. That I am a native of Akili Ozizor in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State.
3. That sometime in 2010 while in transit from Akili Ozizor in Ogbaru Local Government Area to Abuja I discovered that my personal belongings were missing.
4. That the missing documents are the originals of my West African School Certificate of 1978 from Zixton Secondary School Ozubulu, First School Leaving Certificate from St. John Odoakpu Onitsha, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Certificate 1982 from St Paul’s College Lawrencevile Virginia USA, National Youth Service Corps Certificate 1983, National Identity Card, United States of America Social Security Card with the number on it.
5. That all efforts are to trace the missing documents proved abortive.
6. That I made this affidavit in good faith believing same to be true and correct and in accordance with the Oaths Act.”
However, Director-General of the service in response to the request, said though Stella Oduah was mobilized for national service in 1982/83 service year and was deployed to Lagos State, she absconded after the orientation and never completed the service.
The letter titled ‘Re: Doubtful NYSC Participation Collusion of Some Unscrupulous Staff of NYSC Concerning Stella Oduah (Senator), Save the Image and Reputation of the Scheme’, dated 24th, May 2022 and with reference number NYSC/DHQ/PPRU/783/ VILIII, has been obtained by Punch and Daily Trust.
It partly read;
“In response to your request, we wish to state that the facts of the matter remain as follows: Stella Oduah was mobilized for national service in 1982/1983 service year and deployed to Lagos State.
“After the orientation course, she absconded and never completed the national service. The consequence of this is that she is not qualified for the issuance of the certificate of national service.”
In the Senator’s CF001 forms which were submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission in 2019, Oduah claimed that she completed her NYSC but her certificate was missing along with other credentials.