We appreciate the trust you place in News Nigeria 24 when sharing your personal data. The security of that data is very important to us. On this page, we will explain how we collect, use, and protect your personal data but we want you to know we have never and will not require registering to view our websites. Additionally, we have never sold or would sell your personal information to anyone. In our years of operating our network of websites, we have always endeavored to be most respectful of everyone’s privacy and we have never put financial gain ahead of our company ethos.
News Nigeria 24/7 is a media and news website that features Nigeria News, Breaking News in Nigeria Today, Net Worth, Biography, Pool Fixtures/Results, Sports, and Opinions.
We will also explain which rights you have with regard to your personal data and how you can exercise those rights in regard to that data. We want you to know we understand how complex these data policies can be to read and understand and we have tried to make it as straightforward and concise as possible. We know what it’s like when you read something and have no idea what it is about due to the overly complex and technical language used so we have endeavored to make this as readable as possible.
Customer and Citizen Data
Your decision to disclose your personal data is entirely voluntary if you do so using any of our sites, and by doing so, you are taking an affirmative action by providing us with specific consent to use your personal data only for the purposes for which you have disclosed it to us.
News Nigeria 24 may access and use your personal data only for the purposes for which you have submitted it to us to (a) provide information to you, (b) make contact with you, (c) provide services to you, or (d) maintain the operations and security of the website and services we provide to you. We will not use your personal information for any other purposes, for example for the communication of marketing materials, unless we have your specific consent that permits us to do so.
At all times, we will handle and store your personal data in accordance with industry best practices aligned with ISO27001, the international standard for information security. This includes the activities and procedures undertaken by our own personnel and authorized third parties and the technical controls which we have implemented to prevent unauthorized access, compromise, or theft of information from our applications, supporting computer systems, and premises.
Data Protection Framework
News Nigeria 24 has completed applicable Privacy Impact Assessments (also known as Data Protection Impact Assessments under GDPR) for activities related to our websites, and these are available upon request from the Company’s Data Protection Compliance.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Sensitive Personal Data
GDPR specifies a set of personal data categories that are “sensitive”, and which require special consideration by data controllers. This website and any services available from these websites, do not knowingly collect or process any sensitive personal data.
Citizen Data Rights
As prescribed within data protection regulations, you have specific rights connected to the provision of your personal data to News Nigeria 24 using this website. These include your right to request:
- If any, we will confirm to you what personal data we may hold about you, and for what purposes.
- change the consent which you have provided to us in relation to your personal data.
- Correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data which we may hold about you.
- We will provide you with a complete copy of your personal data for you to move elsewhere.
- Stop the processing of your personal data, whilst an objection from you is being resolved.
- We will promptly erase all your personal data and confirm to you that this has been done (there may be reasons why we may be unable to do this).
To make an informed decision on whether to provide your personal data to News Nigeria 24 this website, we need to make you aware of the following organizations who act as Data Processors for us in the provision of our services to you:
- Google, (specifically Google Analytics and DoubleClick for Publishers) based in the United States with data centers in the locations listed here (https://www.google.com/about/datacenters/inside/locations/index.html), who collect pseudonymous personal data: IP address, device identifiers, cookie identifiers and geolocation information for the main purposes of providing statistical data (web analytics) and advertising services. Google complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and is subject to enforcement by the Federal Trade Commission. Google, including Google Inc. and its wholly-owned US subsidiaries, has certified that it adheres to the relevant Privacy Shield Principles, including for Google Analytics. Google is ISO 27001 certified with Certificate number: 2016-006 Certified by EY CertifyPoint since April 29, 2016
News Nigeria 24 website includes relevant hyperlinks to external websites not controlled by us. Whilst all reasonable care has been exercised in selecting and providing any such links, you are advised to exercise caution before clicking on any external links. We cannot guarantee the ongoing suitability of external links, nor do we continually verify the safety or security of the contents which may be subsequently provided to you. You are advised, therefore, that your use of external links is at your own risk and we cannot be responsible for any damage or consequences resulting from your use of them.